Welcome to Nursery and Reception
Our topics for the rest of this year will be "Paws, Claws and whiskers" followed by "The Beach."
Paws, Claws and whiskers has a Creative Development and will enable children to develop their artistic skills and ideas using a range of expressive and creative processes by exploring the world of domestic and big cats.
The children will be learning about
- Cat habitats -both in the home and in the wild
- How cats behave
- The body parts of cats
- Animal care, including organisations and charities that provide animal welfare
- Charitable work of different organisations that care for animals
- They will make cat masks, 3d models or cats, and use a range of different printing materials to createfur patterns of both big and domestic cats.
- Use techniques such as free printing, mono-printing or block
printing to create a range of different pattern types.
We are hoping to visit Bristol Zoo at the beginning of this topic to engage the children's interests. We hope to have a fantastic day!!!